Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Artpace


Artpace Article, originally uploaded by txfiddlechick.

Do you know Artpace? A nonprofit org in San Antonio, and the legacy of Linda Pace -- artist, collector and businesswoman -- their mission statement reads:

"Artpace San Antonio serves as a laboratory for the creation and advancement of international contemporary art. Artpace believes that art is a dynamic social force that inspires individuals and defines cultures. Our residencies, exhibitions, and education programs nurture the creative expression of emerging and established artists, while actively engaging youth and adult audiences."

I recently became a member, and they were kind enough to ask if they could do a member feature on me for the fall issue of their tri-annual member magazine. If you want to read all the glowing things I had to say about them (I meant every word), here's a larger view.

It's an inspirational place, and they do great things for the community and the contemporary art scene in general. If you're within spitting distance of San Antonio, you should check them out.

7 comments:

  1. That's awesome Kim. Sounds like a very good program and glad to see you're a part of it!

    Have fun in Vietnam and can't wait to read all about it. Take lots of pics!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I really did was give them a little bit of money, but I think the hope was to attract younger membership... They really are a great organization. I do have a vague fantasy of somehow working for them someday, not sure in what capacity...

    We'll definitely be posting lots of pics. Check back in a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be safe and have fun! Pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I did not realize your prestigious cultural presence in San Antonio...you are kind of a big deal! LOL

    I hope all is well, I miss you two! Have a fabulous trip; I can’t wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL indeed... I'm a nobody. But having the story done was fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw shucks. As Glenn would say, "You mean every little thing" to us. Good show, lady, and bon voyage! -- dewdad

    ReplyDelete

Your turn.